- Child fighting cancer comes from a low income family currently experiencing financial stress. Most cases involve a single parent household and child/family qualifies for government assistance programs such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income.
- Child must reside in the state of Florida.
- Child’s cancer treatment prevents parent from working and is temporarily causing financial distress.
- Child must be under 18 years of age (0-17 years old).
- Child/Family must be referred by their physician or assigned social worker who will in turn provide them with a JJCCF Financial Assistance Application.
- At present JJCCF is serving patients at (12) partner hospitals and (2) partner clinics: Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital Broward Health, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Memorial, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (previously Miami Children’s Hospital), Holtz Children’s Hospital at Jackson, alex’s place University of Miami at Sylvester Cancer Center, Baptist Hospital of Miami, The Children’s Hospital at Palms West, Palm Beach Children’s Hospital at St. Mary’s Medical Center, All Children’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (FL residents), MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital (FL residents), Nemours Children’s Hospital (Orlando) and Nemours Children’s Clinic (Jacksonville).
- Child’s caregiver must complete a 3 page Financial Assistance Application with the hospital social worker.
- Original application must be mailed to the JJCCF mailing address by the hospital social worker.
- After JJCCF reviews the submitted Financial Assistance Application, if child is approved, JJCCF staff will contact the child’s caregiver. Copies of outstanding bills should be provided to the Foundation via fax or mail and these must represent basic human necessities. Examples: medical, utilities, rent, mortgage, insurance and car payments. Grocery or gas gift cards may also be requested. An assigned JJCCF staff or volunteer will then schedule a meeting with the parent and child usually at the hospital where treatment is provided.
*JJCCF financial assistance checks are made payable to vendors and provided to parent / legal guardian.
**Approved applicants are provided financial assistance on a one time basis, but may also qualify for our Advocacy Program.